STOP the KILLING Rally
Monday, May 20, 2013 Live Action held a rally in Germantown, Maryland outside LeRoy Carhart’s notorious abortion clinic where Jennifer Morbelli obtained the abortion of her 33-week old child where she consequently died from the procedure. This is where LeRoy Carhart weekly perpetuates grotesque and shocking activities. As illustrated in the investigative Live Action findings — even when performed according to legal standards — the abortion procedure itself is inhumanly brutal, gruesome, and nocuous, despite the abortion industry's best efforts to hide this fact. Furthermore, the adverse physical and psychological aftereffects of abortion on women are well-documented with ample evidence of the correlation between abortion and depression, suicide, future pre-term births, infertility, and even death as evidenced in the case of Mrs. Morbelli. Live Action's latest investigation has incited a rising tide of alarm and disgust at how our country treats its women and its weakest children. This rally was a call for true protection and empowerment of women, justice for Mrs. Morbelli, and the revocation of Carhart’s license to practice in Maryland.
"LeRoy Carhart (Dr. 'Crock Pot’ ?) Exposed in Undercover Sting"
May 8, 2013 - Live Action released the fourth video in its Inhuman investigation. This time, two different undercover investigators – both pregnant, one at 22 weeks and one at 24 – went into LeRoy Carhart’s late-term abortion facility in Bellevue, Nebraska. Carhart is recorded joking and laughing about the process of tearing a human child apart in the womb, as well as relaying misleading information on his involvement in the death of Jennifer Morbelli this past February.
From the press release:
When a Live Action investigator, who is 26 weeks pregnant, asks about what happens to the baby during the procedure, Dr. Carhart responds:
Dr. Carhart: It gets soft – like, mushy – so you push it through.
Woman: So what makes the baby “mushy”?
Dr. Carhart: The fact that it’s not alive for 2 or 3 days.
Woman: Oh. So I’ll have a dead baby in me?
Dr. Carhart: For 3 days, yeah… It’s like putting meat in a crock pot, okay? … It gets softer. It doesn’t get infected or–
Woman: OK, so the dead baby in me is like meat in a crock pot.
Dr. Carhart: Pretty much, yeah … in a slow cooker.
Dr. Carhart tells an undercover Live Action investigator who is 22 weeks pregnant:
"We do a shot into the fetus to end the pregnancy the first day. … Well, if everything works right, you just deliver them and they come out fine. I mean, if for some reason that doesn’t happen, then we have to take them out in pieces…"
A twenty-six-week pregnant Live Action investigator inquires what will happen in the case of complications:
Woman: But if we run into trouble … for some reason, I’m not able to deliver, you’ll be able to get it out in pieces.
Dr. Carhart: We’d take it out…
Woman: What do you use to break it up? Just–
Dr. Carhart: A whole bunch of–
Woman: You’ve got a toolkit.
Dr. Carhart: A pickaxe, a drill bit, yeah (laughs).
Carhart tells the Live Action investigator that one of his patients died of complications in the pregnancy rather than from the abortion:
We have had one woman die in the clinic, OK?… She was a lot farther along than you, but the coroner, it was reported to the coroner and everything, and they said, “yeah, she died again of complications with the pregnancy, but not from the abortion.” Everything from the abortion went fine.
It has since been confirmed that Jennifer Morbelli died due to complications in the abortion procedure performed by LeRoy Carhart.
Read the entire transcript of LeRoy Carhart & patient conversations.
Q: "What is the distinction between what Kermit Gosnell did and what late-term abortionist LeRoy Carhart does?” - Washington Examiner Reporter
A: "When a procedure that usually involves the collapsing of the skull is done, it’s usually done when the fetus is still in the uterus, not when the fetus has been delivered.” That is, the baby isn’t born alive, "the fetus is traditionally euthanized [definition: 'the act of killing or permitting the death of individuals'] before that procedure is initiated” - Tracy Weitz, abortion advocate and associate professor at the University of California, San Francisco.
And that’s the only difference!?! Kermit Gosnell is on trial for murder in Philadelphia, while LeRoy Carhart, even after the death of his patient (!!), is still performing late-term abortions in Germantown, Maryland. See Washington Examiner April 16, 2013, for full Q&A transcript with audio. Also, see complete criminal trial coverage of abortionist Kermit Gosnell for the murder of seven newborn (allegedly aborted) babies and one Mom.
February 19, 2013 Pastor Charlie Baile of Shady Grove Presbyterian Church is interviewed on the Don Kroah show on WAVA 105.1FM
February 19, 2013 Fr. Marcel Guarnizo is interviewed by Al Kresta on Ave Maria Radio
Abortion Nightmare: 2 Lives Lost - Radio America interview of Jill Stanek about the death of Carhart’s patient
February 11, 2013 radio interview with Dr. Grace Morrison about this tragedy by Steve Prinzivalli from WMET 1160AM
Nevaeh was born February 13th 2013 weighing 7 lbs 7 oz. Side Walk Counselors spoke with her Mom when she came to Carhart’s abortion clinic 25 weeks into her pregnancy. The Mom says she is in heaven with her new baby! PS - Nevaeh is a modern feminine name created by writing the word ‘heaven' backwards! See another child born after his mother left Carhart’s clinic after speaking with Side Walk Counselors.
On Monday, February 11, 2013 a memorial service was held outside of Leroy Carhart’s abortion clinic in Germantown, MD in remembrance of the 29-year-old woman who was killed from an abortion that Leroy Carhart performed there the week before.
Late-term abortionist Leroy Carhart began the procedure on the 33-week old unborn child Sunday, February 3rd and concluded it Wednesday, February 6th. "State and county officials confirmed that she had visited the abortion clinic and that she died Thursday morning at Shady Grove Adventist Hospital…” (Washington Post, 2/12/13). Her death is being investigated by Maryland authorities.
Organizations, Church leaders, and citizens all gathered to mourn the patient’s death. Representatives of Priests for Life, Alliance Defending Freedom, 40 Days for Life, the Family Research Council, Students for Life, Operation Rescue, Rock for Life, the Christian Defense Coalition, the National Black Pro-Life Union, the Maryland Family Alliance, the Archdiocese of Washington DC, and several local churches and pastors attended. See video of all speakers HERE.
- Breitbart: 6,000 Complaints Lodged Against Late-term Abortionist LeRoy Carhart [AGAIN]
- LiveActionNews: "Maryland suspends licenses of three abortion clinics; Carhart STILL ALLOWED to practice"
- LifeNews: "5,000 Sign Petition to Close Clinic Killing Woman in 33-Week Abortion"
- LifeNews: "Death Certificate CONFIRMS Woman Died From 33-Week Botched Abortion"
- Students for Life: “Maryland Board of Physicians REFUSES to Accept Complaints from 5,000 Citizens"
- Jill Stanek: “Maryland Medical Examiner clarifies “fetal anomalies” not a cause of Carhart patient’s death"
- LoHud (NY): “Prosecute Morbelli’s doctor, abortion foe tells Maryland”
- Jill Stanek: “Maryland Medical Examiner clarifies “fetal anomalies” not a cause of Carhart patient’s death"
- LoHud (NY): “Prosecute Morbelli’s doctor, abortion foe tells Maryland”
- Jill Stanek: “Carhart patient’s cause of death: Him"
- Life News: “Group Wants License Yanked of Doc Who Killed Woman in 33-Week Abortion”
- NRTL News: “Chief medical examiner’s office in Baltimore confirms woman died from complications after abortion at 33 weeks."
- World Mag: Cause of death say Maryland officials was massive bleeding following a late-term abortion performed by LeRoy Carhart
- USA Today: “Coroner: Woman bled to death after late-term abortion"
- Newsday (NY): “Jennifer Morbelli, New Rochelle teacher, died of complications after abortion, medical examiner says”
- Human Events: “How We Cover (Up) Abortion”
- Gazette (MD): “Medical examiner: Woman died of ‘natural causes’ after abortion [but] detailed autopsy report not yet completed"
- Live Action News: “Abortion advocates refuse to acknowledge documented abortion risks”
- Observer (NY): “State abortion law changes may be ‘horrific'
- National Catholic Register: “Maternal Abortion Deaths Spark formal Complaints Against Abortionists”
- Ithaca Journal (NY): “Letter: N.Y. legislators should reject late-term abortions"
- Patch (MD): “Coroner: Woman Died of Abortion-Related Complications"
- Operation Rescue: “BREAKING: Medical Examiner Says Abortion Complications Caused Morbelli Death"
- Life News: “Medical Examiner Confirms 33-Week Abortion Killed Young Woman"
- Catholic Online: “Jennifer and Madison Morbelli: Two Lives Butchered By Abortion”
- Life News: “Doc Who Killed Woman in 33-Week Abortion Broke Health Laws Before”
- News Busters: “Dance of Death: Sundance Worships Abortionist Involved in Botched Abortion”
- Life News: “Media More Concerned With Woman’s Privacy Than Dying From Abortion”
- ehealth forum: “Jennifer McKenna Morbelli: A Third Trimester Abortion Tragedy”
- Catholic News Agency: “The Heroes of Sundance”
- Life News: “Candlelight Vigil Remembers Mom, Baby Who Dies From Abortion"
- Statement from Shady Grove Hospital: Says Carhart is not on staff, nor he or his clinic has any affiliation or association with the hospital.
- Jill Stanek: “Carhart’s emergency abortion number same as his horse business number”
- Life Site News: “Candlelight vigil Sunday will memorialize mom and baby who died from abortion"
- One News Now: ”Carhart under serious investigation"
- LoHud (NY): “Jennifer Morbelli mourned at New Rochelle service”
- Life News: “Attorney General Opens Probe Into Abortion Doc Who Killed Woman”
- Operation Rescue: “Maryland Attorney General’s Office: Carhart Under "Serious Criminal Investigation’ in Wake of Abortion Death”
- News 12 TV Report (NY): “Doctors question alleged abortion death"
- News 12 TV Report (NY): “Westchester woman dies after failed late-term abortion”
- LoHud (NY): “Film features abortion doctor who treated Jennifer Morbelli"
- Catholic Standard: “State officials examine death tied to Germantown clinic"
- Life News: “Could Perinatal Hospice Have Prevented Woman’s Abortion Death?"
- Life News:
- “Funeral Held for Woman Who Died from 33-Week Abortion"
- “Doc Who Killed Woman in 33-week Abortion May Face Lawsuit"
- USA Today: "Abortion foes may sue over death of N.Y. teacher"
- Huffington Post: “Jennifer McKenna-Morbelli Death: Pro-Life Group Demands Justice After Abortion-Related Passing”
- Catholic News Agency: “Late-term abortions criticized after death of New York woman”
- Jill Stanek: “Owners of clinic where Carhart killed patient delinquent on taxes”
- Legal Insurrection: “Victims who have names”
- Pro-Life Blogs: “Sebelius linked to late-term abortionist involved in patient death"
- LoHud (NY): “Mourners: Jennifer Morbelli reached ‘every goal’ in life"
- Town Hall: “Abortion for Disabled Babies: Who’s to Blame?"
- LoHud (NY): “Risk to mother increases with late-term abortions"
- Opposing Views: “Jennifer McKenna Morbelli Dies After Late-Term Abortion, Activists Picket Doctor’s Clinic"
- Christian Post: “Pro-Life Activists Demand Action After NY Teacher Dies Following Late-Term Abortion"
- Southwest Iowa News: “Carhart in national spotlight following woman’s death"
- Gazette.net (MD): “State investigating link between woman’s death and Germantown abortion clinic"
- New Rochelle Patch (NY): “New Rochelle Woman’s Death Being Investigated in MD"
- Washington Post: “Antiabortion activists blame Germantown clinic for woman’s death”
- LoHud (NY): “White Plains teacher’s death under investigation in Maryland”
- White Plains Daily Voice (NY): “White Plains Teacher Died From Abortion, Pro Life Group Says”
- The New American: “Woman Dies at Hands of Abortionist Celebrated in Movie at Sundance Film Fest"
- Capital Gazette (Annapolis, MD): “Death linked to abortion clinic is investigated"
- Omaha World-Herald: “Abortion opponents tie woman’s death to Nebraska doctor"
- Guardian Express (UK): “Abortion Rights: Late-Term Abortion - Death Of Patient In Maryland"
- Journal Star (Lincoln, NE): "Maryland death linked to abortion by Nebraska doctor"
- Washington Post: “Maryland officials probe possible abortion link in woman’s death”
- Daily Mail (UK): “Woman ‘dies at age 29 after late-term abortion performed at Maryland clinic 33 weeks into pregnancy'
- “Pro-Life Vigil at Clinic Remembers Woman Killed in Abortion"
- “Probe Begins on 33-Week Botched Abortion That Killed Woman”
- "Young Woman Who Died From Botched 33 Week Abortion Identified"
- "Woman Dies After Botched 33-Week Abortion Takes Her Life"
- “Screams Heard From 911 Call in Abortion Carhart Previously Botched”
- “Pro-Life Groups Saddened at Woman’s Late-Term Abortion Death”
Life Site News:
- "Police, medical authorities investigating death of Jennifer Morbelli, 29, after late-term abortion"
- “'This pain did not need to happen’: Women who regret abortion mourn death of Jennifer Morbelli"
- "Carhart patient dead from horrific 33-week abortion injuries”
- "Pro-Life leaders demand closure of Carhart clinic after women’s death: plan prayer vigil”
- “‘Never again’: pro-lifers mourn new Carhart abortion death"
- "Hundreds gather at Carhart abortion clinic to demand justice for mother’s death"
Montgomery Village Patch (MD): “Police, Medical Examiner Investigating Woman’s Death, Possible Link to Abortion in Germantown"
Jill Stanek: “Hundreds gather at Carhart abortion clinic to demand justice for death”
Quinton Report: “Is the Martin O’Malley administration partly to blame for the death of Jennifer Morbelli?
Jill Stanek: BREAKING: "Carhart’s victims identified”
Breitbart: “Woman Dies in Partial-Birth Abortion Performed By Doctor Linked To Sebelius”
The American Spectator: “Major News Media Ignore Woman’s Reported Botched Abortion Death”
Christian News Wire: “Sundance Film Festival ‘HERO’ Leroy Carhart Kills Young Woman During 3rd Trimester Abortion in Germantown, MD”
Live Action News: Statement by Lila Rose on the news of Carhart’s patient’s death
Priests for Life: 'The Silence Ends Today’, Statement by Fr. Frank Pavone
SBA List: "Woman Dies following Late-Term Abortion at Carhart Clinic”
Human Events: "Late-Term Abortion Kills Pregnant Mother”
World Net Daily: “Late-term abortionist 'ignores' dying patient”
Press conference held the morning of February 8th in Germantown, MD, the Maryland Coalition for Life, and Operation Rescue, and the Christian Defense Coalition, announced the death of one of Leroy Carhart’s late-term abortion patients.
February 8, 2013 By Operation Rescue
Germantown, MD – A 29-year old woman died yesterday as the result of fatal complications suffered during an abortion at 33 weeks that was done by LeRoy Carhart at Germantown Reproductive Health Center in Germantown, Maryland. Information about the incident comes from an extremely credible anonymous source.
The woman, who came for a third trimester abortion from out-of-state, arrived at GRHC on Sunday February 3rd and was seen by pro-life activists every day through Wednesday. Witnesses said she appeared “pale and weak.”
Early Thursday morning, the woman began suffering chest pain and other discomforts. Her attempts to reach Carhart were unsuccessful. The woman was taken by her family from her hotel to a nearby hospital emergency room at approximately 5:00 a.m. Efforts by hospital staff to contact Carhart or get informational assistance from the abortion clinic were unsuccessful.
The patient suffered massive internal bleeding into her abdominal cavity. She slipped into a Code Blue condition approximately six times before finally succumbing to her injuries at around 9:30 a.m. The case has been placed with the Medical Examiner for further investigation.
This tragic incident ironically occurred the same day that another medical emergency took place at a New Mexico abortion clinic involving long-time Carhart associate Shelley Sella. At the time of that incident, a politically motivated Medical Board in New Mexico was voting to clear Sella of negligence charges, related to a botched third trimester abortion using the same risky late-term abortion method employed by Carhart. This dangerous out-patient abortion process includes long periods of time where the patient is unmonitored while taking strong doses of a drug that causes unpredictable and sometimes violent contractions.
“The avoidable death of this young woman dramatically illustrates the dangers of third trimester abortions that are done outside of the safety of obstetrical standards,” said Troy Newman, President of Operation Rescue and Pro-life Nation. “In 2005, Carhart was also involved in the death of Christin Gilbert, who died after a third trimester abortion in Wichita, Kansas. It is time for medical boards to put an end to these horrifically dangerous and barbaric third trimester abortions. If they do not, we can only expect Carhart and his associates to send more women to the morgue.”
SOURCE: Operation Rescue
Monday, December 10, 2012 marked two years of abortionist Leroy Carhart’s presence in Germantown, Maryland (see original news report from December, 2010), where he performs 2, 3, and 4 day late term abortions (1,300 feet from a church, and 400 feet from a child care center) at 13233 Executive Park Terrace. Women from all over the east coast, as far away as Ohio, New York and South Carolina regularly come to his office to abort their 2nd and 3rd trimester babies. Carhart has flown to Maryland from Nebraska every week since his home state passed a "Fetal Pain Law” which outlawed abortions after 20 weeks based on evidence that unborn babies do in fact feel pain at that gestational age.
For two years, hundreds of pro life believers from many faith denominations have braved all kinds of adverse weather conditions to be voice for the voiceless and to stand as a witness to the value of human life. They can be seen weekly on Monday mornings from 8 to 10am on Wisteria Drive praying peacefully, holding signs and waving to traffic beeping in support. Not all the response is positive however, verbal harassment and ridicule is common from those who support a woman’s right to procure an abortion, even up to the moment of birth, as the law allows here in Maryland.
Unfortunately, it is estimated that more than 1,300 abortions have been performed during these two years, many on women clearly in the late stages of pregnancy. But, the good news is that as the prayerful presence continued over the months following Carhart’s arrival, a coordinated effort to help the women and provide alternatives to abortion has arisen from the community. There is now a team of sidewalk counselors present in front of Carhart’s office at critical times that offer help and options to women who are seeking abortions there. Their conservative estimate is that over the last year or so, 75 women have changed their minds and kept their babies.
Germantown Pregnancy Choices (GPC) is a pro-life resource and referral office directly across the parking lot from the clinic. It opened in April of 2011 in direct response to the late term abortion clinic. GPC is sponsored by the Maryland Coalition for Life. Staffed entirely by volunteers from local churches in the Germantown area, GPC serves the needs of women seeking assistance or information to continue their pregnancy.
Pro-lifers on the street in Germantown have been blessed to meet and hold several of these children after they were born as their mothers brought them to visit on Monday mornings and share their gratitude that they were intercepted before going into the abortion clinic.
In addition to the regular Monday morning witnesses, Wisteria Drive has been the site of multiple 40 Days for Life events where Christians from numerous local churches pray on the sidewalk to end abortion from 6am to 12 Midnight continuously for 40 days. This national movement has spread quickly across the globe as people of Faith respond to the call to support and stand for the Culture of Life in order to defeat the ongoing negative impact of abortion on women and families in our community. The next “40 Days” in Germantown will coincide with Lent and starts on February 13, 2013.
Hopes of closing Carhart’s clinic are fueling the prayers and sacrifices of many lay faithful and local clergy as well. The community response in the last two years has been fruitful and widespread as Christians unite to confront this darkness.
An easy way to show the Pro-life message is to have Choose Life license plates on your car! It’s easy and inexpensive!
Get yours today, click the link for your state:
Choose Life Maryland
Choose Life Virginia
Choose Life Pennsylvania
Your state not listed above? Go to the Choose Life America website.
Formal complaints have been filed against abortionist Leroy Carhart and his late-term abortion clinic in Germantown, Maryland, after an investigation by pro-life activists uncovered the illegal dumping of biohazardous waste, private patient medical information, and dangerous drugs.
Dr. Grace Morrison is interviewed on August 6th by Terresa Tomeo on the national Catholic Connections radio show. Listen to the full interview below. Highlights include the new regulations on abortion factilities in Maryland, and what you can do to get involved in pro-life work in your area.
On Monday July 30th, more Than 300 came to pray to end aboriton in Germantown, MD and honor the Mother of Our Lord who gave her "YES" to life. A “Relic” of the sacred image designed to be brought to abortion clinics.
Learn more about the “Relic" of the sacred Our Lady of Guadalupe image.
Video of the morning’s events:
Dr. Nancy Paltell speaking in Germantown, MD on July 23, 2012
On July 23rd Maryland State Regulations for Abortion Facilities Become Effective On July 23rd Maryland State Regulations for Abortion Facilities Become Effective
The Maryland State Department of Health and Mental Hygiene just released regulations for all surgical abortion facilities; effective Monday, July 23rd.
Dr. Nancy Paltell, Pro-life lobbyist for the MD Catholic Conference, will spoke with us at 9:00 AM on Wisteria Drive. Dr. Paltell informed us on the issues regarding the new regulations and answer our questions. Watch a video of her talk.
Illicit Late-Term Abortion Clinic Identified in Maryland
Seven-month investigation reveals scandalous late-term abortion scheme in Forestville, MD. Documentation confirms Maryland is the 'Late-term Abortion Capitol of America'.
Mom Chooses Life in February, and Welcomes Healthy Baby Boy!
Yesterday, July 16, 2012, a healthy, 38 week baby was born to a mom who decided to choose life in February. Instead of going to Carhart’s she spoke with volunteers and decided to not abort. Yesterday she was thankful for God’s intervention. In February, she was confused, didn’t believe in abortion, but didn’t know of a different path. Today she says she is blessed with her son and will not have to regret a decision to abort. Thanks Be To God For The Gift Of LIFE!
A Letter from an Unborn Baby
I was looking forward very much to my life in this world.
I wanted to have dolls, ride a bike, go the circus, and see the zoo. I looked forward to celebrating Christmas this year.
I am very sad that I, never got to do any of these things. My parents did not let me be born.
But, I just don't understand one thing. Why didn't any of you help me? I wish you had. No one heard, my crying voice.
An Unborn Baby
COME JULY 30, --A “RELIC” OF SACRED IMAGE OF OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE WILL BE PRESENT AT OUR MONDAY PRAYER VIGIL ON WISTERIA DRIVE, 8:00-10:30 AM
We urge MANY MANY to join us as we pray and honor the Mother of Our Lord who gave her "YES" to life. A “Relic” of the sacred image designed to be brought to abortion clinics will be present on July 30th. (Learn more about Our Lady of Guadalupe, the Patroness of the Unborn, in this article and video.)
The History of the “Relic” that Will be Present in Germantown, MD
On April 20, 2004, during a private solemn ceremony led by Monsignor Diego Monroy Ponce, Rector and Episcopal General of the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico City, exact size replicas of Our Lady of Guadalupe were touched to the sacred miraculous image of Our Lady left on St. Juan Diego’s tilma. The Monsignor then declared these images as the “authorized Relics of evangelization that will extend the same graces as in 1531”. These are the *same graces* that ended the human sacrifice of that time and resulted in over 8 million conversions to Christianity.
The mission to carry these “Relics” to abortion clinics began at the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe in Mexico City on May 8, 2004. A mass was celebrated by Auxiliary Bishop Marcelino Hernandez, representing the Archbishop of Mexico City, Norberto Cardinal Rivera Carrera, blessing this mission to end abortion. An authorized “Relic” image of our Lady has been traveling to every abortion mill and state capital in the United States opening the divine floodgates of the same graces of conversion, truth, and healing as in 1531. This has and will continue to illuminate hearts and minds to an understanding of the truth that reveals the importance and value of every human life, from the moment of conception to a natural death and insuring that each person be given the opportunity to fulfill his/her destiny as ordained by God.
March 31, 2012: 911 Call from Carhart’s Nebraska Clinic includes MOANS and SCREAMS from Abortion Victim
"I need an ambulance sent to the abortion clinic on Mission Avenue in Bellevue...Tell them no lights or sirens.” Recordings show Carhart’s clinic workers were uncooperative & slow to give information about the patient’s condition.
Each life is precious! Let us offer thanksgiving to Our Lord for two more babies saved this week! One mother chose life on Monday and another on Tuesday.
During a recent visit to the Gettysburg Battleground, hearts were heavy when pondering how thousands of courageous men gave their lives in those fields for the freedom of all. Their souls must now be crushed to know that their country, that they died for, now has laws encouraging the brutal murder of our children in the womb. For the sake of all who have given the ultimate sacrifice of their life for our freedom --including our right to life, let us be steadfast and courageous!
Here is an excerpt from the Gettysburg Address for your reflection...
"Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on the continent a new nation conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal. .....It is for us the living rather to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who have fought here have so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us --that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they here gave the last full measure of devotion --that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain, that this nation under God shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth."
Be encouraged! The Lord is allowing great works to unfold before us! Again! As we saw the previous week, this past Monday and Tuesday, FOUR more mothers chose life for their babies! For a total of 37 babies saved since December, 2010. Our presence is essential for this to occur!
Please join us on Monday AM, Presidents' Day! Important updates will be presented. One issue is the latest HHS Mandate (a loss of Religious Freedom) and the connection between Leroy Carhart and the Secretary of Health and Human Services, Kathleen Sebelius.
NOTE - We will be participating in Germantown MD as part of a National Rally For Religious Freedom in protest against the HHS Mandate, Friday, March 23rd from 12:00pm-1:00pm (location to be announced).
With great JOY, we give thanks to God for the arrival of a healthy baby boy, Christian Miles --born January 27! Due to our presence on a Monday morning, his mother chose life for her baby! This child and mother are another confirmation as to why we MUST persevere. His mother is deeply grateful that we were there --bless you all!
Another Mother changed her mind today and kept her baby! That makes 31 babies saved from abortion since December 2010!
Blessings to all of you! It was a wonderful day for all of those who attended with us at the Monday AM Germantown Vigil and the Annual March for Life in DC --so many visitors were moved to hear about our efforts in Germantown!
Beautiful things were happening Monday morning in front of Carhart's facility. Of the 6 mothers went into the facility that day, 4 MOTHERS LEFT THE FACILITY AND CHOSE LIFE FOR THEIR BABIES!!!
Our presence is essential! Praise Our Lord for this blessing on a day when so many hundreds of thousands sacrificed in the cold rain to uphold the Sancity of Life!!!!
The Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) was present in Germantown on January 16th for a story on the weekly protests. See the news story and video now available.
CBN Comes to Germantown
- MORE -
On Tuesday January 24th, the day after the annual March For Life, You’re Invited to a Post-March For Life Protest!
• Fill the streets
• Defend the unborn
• Help shut down Carhart’s practice
• And Witness to LIFE !
Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Time: 8AM to 10AM
Meet: at the intersection of Wisteria and Waters in Germantown, MD!
Download a flyer for the Tuesday January 24th event.
Last Monday, January 9th, 150 joined in prayerful protest. 2 mothers did not end the lives of their child and on Tuesday, another mother chose LIFE. --Praise God!
- All People of Faith, join a Pro-Life Payer Summit. Friday, Jan. 20, 7- 9 PM and Saturday, Jan. 21, 9- 4 PM. Mother of God School Gym, 20501 Goshen Rd., Gaithersburg, MD Please come in Prayer and Worship to end Abortion in Germantown!
This past Monday, December 19th we saw great blessings! 200 gathered in prayerful protest --many college students rejoined us! 7 mothers, advanced in their pregnancies, went into Carhart's facility --we counseled all of the mothers in the parking lot before they entered. Praise God! --2 of the mothers left Carhart's and made appointments with local pregnancy centers!
Rejoice! We received great news of another mother we counseled in the parking lot on a Monday AM in late-October who went into see Carhart for a scheduled abortion. Due to her encounter with us, she left the facility! She contacted us and she told us tearfully, "The counselor changed my life!" Her baby is due very shortly --she is considering adoption.
Again Rejoice! On Tuesday, Dececember 20th we counseled another mother before she entered Carhart's facility; she too left the facility and is choosing life for her baby!!!
And Again I Say Rejoice! We were informed that another mom who came to Carhart’s clinic on December 5th and left, has kept her baby too.
Due to our presence and prayer,
4 5! MORE BABIES WILL BE ALIVE THIS CHRISTMAS and the MOTHERS WILL BE SPARED THE HORROR OF ABORTION!
- MORE -
Our 720 Crosses from the December 5th Memorial are on display in front of Immanuel Church on busy New Hampshire Ave. in Silver Spring! Thank you Immanuel Church for this powerful witness!
St. John Neumann Parish in Gaithersburg has changed their 9 AM Mass to Noon on Monday AM's to better accomodate our Monday AM witness in Germantown. They now have a 6:30 AM Mass and Noon Mass on Mondays --all are welcome. Thank you for encouraging us!
Over 2,170 people, including 10 Pastors & Ministers and 17 Priests, were in attendance and stood for life on the morning of Monday, December 5th outside Germantown Reproductive Health Services. This memorial event marked the deaths of 720 unborn children in the one year since Leroy Carhart has been in Germantown. Because of our presence, three out of four mothers scheduled for abortions that day, chose life for their babies!
As evidence of the magnitude of the deaths, 720 crosses were placed on the side of the street by the Knights of Columbus, one for each of the babies killed by Leroy Carhart in Germantown just this past year alone.
The tremendous local turnout was a true sign of prayerful unity. Both sides of Wisteria Drive were lined men, women, and children. With schools allowing students to miss classes in order to attend, young and old alike were holding signs, praying, all with car horns honking for life as they drove by.
Speakers at the event included; Dr. Grace Morrison, Vitae Foundation, Chuck Donovan, Susan B. Anthony List, Michael Martelli, Maryland Coalition for Life, Christa Lopiccolo, Archdiocese of Washington, DC, Fr. Marcel Guarnizo, St. John Neumann Parish, Pastor Charlie Baile, Shady Grove Presbyterian Church, and Fr. Carlos Benitez, Mother Seton Parish. See videos of each speaker.
Below is a slide show and video of the event.
"Silence and Ignorance Are the Twin Allies of All Attrocities"
As spoken by Cardinal Donald Wuerl, Archbishop of Washington, at the December 10th Mass for Life at Mother Seton Parish in Germantown, MD. Mass was followed by a candle light rosary procession lead by the Cardinal to Germantown Reproductive Health Services. Listen below to his entire homily. Also listen to Irene Lagan’s interview with the Cardinal the same night, and follow up discussion from Fr. Marcel Guarnizo and Dr. Grace Morrison.
Monday December 12th 175 were present in prayerful protest. Carhart and his wife arrived at 8:30 AM. 10 mothers, advanced in their pregnancies, went into his facility. By the end of the day, 16 mothers entered his doors!!! This was a tremedous difference after the previous Monday, December 5th where there was a crowd of over 2,170 outside, and a low total of 4 mothers who entered the facility!
All are urged to join us! Mondays 8-10 AM, 13233 Executive Park Terrace, Germantown, MD 20874